Wyvern Technology College is a happy and welcoming College where respect for the individual is at the heart of our academic success. We believe that being valued leads to the development of self-confidence and encourages the individual to work towards achieving their potential. Our high standards are reflected in a broad and challenging curriculum along with a foundation of shared beliefs and values. With both creativity and technological investment at the heart of the education we provide, it is our aim that all students will leave Wyvern as independent young adults, fully able to live enriched lives in the 21st century world.
We are a Fully Comprehensive Specialist College for students in the Fair Oak, Bishopstoke, Horton Heath, Upham and Durley areas of Southern Hampshire. The College covers years 7 - 11. Post 16 students go on to local sixth form colleges.
The College has over 1320 students, 85 Teaching Staff and over 70 Support Staff.
High standards of learning and personal responsibility are achieved within a caring and secure atmosphere, where all members of the College Team – Students, Staff, Parents, Governors and the Community – are valued.
Wyvern will be the standard bearer of technological innovation and excellence in education. The college will embrace the challenges of the new millennium with a view to enhancing the educational opportunities of young people and members of the community.
- The watchword will be ‘partnership’; the benchmark will be 'excellence' the catalyst will be 'technology'.
- Expectations will be high, potential will be matched by performance and standards will be raised.
- Vocational and academic pathways will be pursued on the way to further and higher education and the world of work.
- Career opportunities will be unlocked via knowledge, skill and understanding.
- To develop confidence independence and self-respect in students.
- To provide opportunities for all members of the college team to develop their full potential. Our industrial partners will play a role in enriching the curriculum.
- To expect that high standards in all aspects of college life are the norm.
- To provide equal opportunities for each student to grow and develop academically, socially, culturally, spiritually, morally, creatively and physically.
- To provide teaching and learning opportunities which enable young people to have a broad, balanced curriculum in a stimulating and happy atmosphere.
- To foster within the Wyvern team a respect for others and a sense of responsibility for their environment at college, in the community and on a world scale.
- To embrace technology to enhance lifelong learning.